[Nek5000-users] Subroutine opdssum

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 30 18:10:21 CDT 2011

Dear Andreas,

gsh_fld(ifldt) refers to the gather-scatter handle for field "ifldt"

ifldt would be a flag refering to the field (1=velocity, 2=temperature,
etc.) for which the gather-scatter (gs) operation is being performed.

At present, the situation is not entirely satisfactory because ifield
is a global variable that can be in an ambiguous state.  In the past,
opdssum (like all other "op" commands) would be applied only on a vector
field - for which there is only one mesh (or topology), namely, velocity.
In MHD, one also has the B-field but this field generally matches the
topology of the velocity.   This state of affairs will change in the near
future when we support a B-field external to the velocity field.

I hope this clarifies a bit...

Paul