[Nek5000-users] Turbulent shear layer

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 4 08:43:53 CDT 2011

Alex,

It seems that the reason you're unable to subscribe is that
email to your return address is rejected?

Can you try from a different email address?

>From your description below - my initial guess about what is
happening is that the 2D case probably should relaminarize,
whereas 3D would not.   In the case where it does relaminarize,
if it also ultimately reaches a steady state, then a flaw in
my implementation of the projection scheme (Fischer CMAME '98)
will result in linearly-dependent vectors and blow-up.  I expect
that this is the issue you encounter at large step counts.
It's something that is on our to-be-fixed list, but it's not
encountered in unsteady cases that constitute the bulk of the
code usage.

Hope this helps.

Paul