[Nek5000-users] Degrees of freedom

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 4 18:48:54 CST 2011

Josh,

4081752 is the number of pressure degrees of freedom

the other is the number of velocity degrees of freedom
(save that you need to multiply by 3, since there are
3 velocity components at each gridpoint).  So, in effect,
the first number is the rank of the Helmholtz operator for
each of the 3 velocity components.

Paul