[Nek5000-users] Lagrangian Particle Tracking

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 29 14:42:44 CDT 2011

Hi Alireza,

Let me check what is a current status of development for a complete set of
Lagrangian particle tracking routines.

My understanding that the subroutine particle_advect is written for
the old interpolation w/ parameter mr -- we need to update it.  This
subroutine has to be used in the timestep loop called from usrchk after
one interpolates (w/ intpts) velocity field (to vvel) at coordinates of
the most recent particle location rtl -- hmm, I do not see how this array
vvel with interpolated velocity data is then passed to the subroutine
particle_advect...

Let me look further and get back to you later.
Aleks