[Nek5000-users] variable density incompressible flow

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 9 21:03:04 CDT 2011

Hi Navin,

It's not clear that nek will be the right tool for this... Depends
on what you're after.  If your flow is incompressible, I don't see
why you need a source term for the divergence, since one can have
div.U=0 even if rho is variable.  That being said, there is a usrdiv
array that you can fill.  See the peristaltic flow exampe in

nek5_svn/examples/peris/peris.usr

Look for "div"

Paul