[Nek5000-users] Question about running error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 2 14:48:23 CST 2011

Hi Albert,

I'm just getting to that in the new manual

www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/new.pdf

It looks like you're already on your way.  You can just fool
around w/ postx - you won't break anything.

The basic options are

SET PLOT FORMAT

SET QUANTITY

SET TIME

PLOT

In 3D, it also become important to

SET LOCATION

which allows you to choose the surfaces on which the contour/color fill
plots are drawn.

Also,

SET ATTRIBUTE
SET RESOLUTION
COLOR FILL
30

will give you higher resolution for the contour/color fill plots.

If you want more contour lines:

SET ATTRIBUTE
SET RESOLUTION
CONTOUR LINES
50  (say)

will give you 50 lines.

If you want to fix the range of the plot

SET ATTRIBUTE
SET RANGE
n          (no, not automatic)
0 100      (say, for range of 0 to 100)

Note that for 3D stuff, you probably will find VisIt more
useful.   You can download VisIt by googling visit visualization
software

Paul