[Nek5000-users] Perturbation mode

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 16 06:30:19 CST 2011

Hi JC,

There may also be an issue with having the projection turned on.
(This is a common source of NaN...).   I suggest setting p93-95 to 0
in the .rea file.  (We can subsequently fix the problem correctly.)

Are you trying to run with a steady-state base flow, or an evolving
base flow?

I'm out of the office today but can hopefully look into this in
the next day or two.   To date I've not done a lot of perturbation
cases, so there are likely a few issues to resolve.  Several groups
have had some success, however.

Regards,

Paul