[Nek5000-users] Failure with TORDER = 3 (P027)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 7 09:44:37 CST 2011

Hi George,

That would seem unnecessary... It could simply be the case
that you are facing lack of resolution.

Also, have you already experienced transition to a fully
turbulent state?   The transition phase normally takes more
resolution to get through because of the intense vortex
stretching.   Additional filtering usually cures this, however.

Given that you've already tried this, perhaps this is something
we need to look at.  If you want me to look in detail at the
case that blows up, contact me off list and we can arrange a
file transfer.

Regards,

Paul