[Nek5000-users] istep

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 15 03:17:45 CDT 2011

Hi,

Just a very short (probably stupid) question. When restarting a case it
seems to me that the istep parameters is reset to zero, which leads to new
fld files overwriting the old. For example, if I run 10 timesteps and store
blah.fld01 - blah.fld10 I then put blah.fld10 like this in the rea

            1 PRESOLVE/RESTART OPTIONS  *****
blah.fld10

And then I ask for 10 more timesteps by setting p11 to 10 in the .rea file.
I would expect to get 10 new fld files blah.fld11 - blah.fld20, but instead
my blah.fld01 - blah.fld10 files are overwritten. Should it be like this? Is
there some parameter or similar that one has to make sure to specify when
restarting to avoid this?  Is there a cumulative istep I don't know of?

Thanks and best regards

Mikael