[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 Workshop at ANL, December 9 & 10, 2010.

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 30 09:43:36 CDT 2010

Dear Nek5000 Users:

We are pleased to invite you to attend the first Nek5000 Workshop,
to be held at Argonne National Laboratory on December 9-10, 2010.

The intent is to bring developers and users of Nek5000 together to
promote collaborative activities, exchange information, and share
experiences in areas of common interest.

The schedule is under development, but we currently are planning to
have technical sessions on Dec. 9 and Dec. 10, including hands-on
sessions in the use of Nek5000, VisIt, and Cubit.  One objective of
the workshop is to assist users in defining their simulation problems
and to address technical issues that they may face.

Attendees are invited to contribute short (15 min.) presentations on
their applications of Nek5000.  Contributions should consist of an
abstract (1-2 pages) and presentation slides.

Please note that, as this is the first users meeting, we are uncertain
of anticipated interest and may therefore cancel the meeting if we do
not meet a critical attendance limit.   It is therefore important to
register by the deadline if you plan to come, so that suitable arrangements
may be made at ANL.

REGISTRATION DEADLINE:  October 15.

To register, please visit

https://nek5000.mcs.anl.gov/index.php/usermeeting2010