[Nek5000-users] Grid 2 Grid Interpolation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 30 09:37:31 CDT 2010

Neks,

We are trying to get the grid to grid interpolation routine working.  I am
using a simple box as a test case, with a coarse grid of 64 as the "old
geometry" that I've let go through several flow throughs, and a finer grid
of 700 elements that we want to interpolate on to.  I went through the steps
on the website given for grid to grid interpolation, but on the last step
when I run old geometry with g2gi called in usrchk, I get the following
error message in the output file.

call usrchk
grid-to-grid interpolation
ABORT: nelr>lelr on rank    0
ABORT: nelr>lelr on rank    1

call exitt:  dying ...

This occurred when I ran the old geometry on two processors.  When I ran it
on one processor, it gave the same message, except it didn't have the 2nd
ABORT message.  Any help would be much appreciated, as grid2grid should help
us tremendously on the full case we are trying to get through.

Thanks,

Josh