[Nek5000-users] RB convection with high Rayleigh numbers

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 12 09:21:39 CST 2010

Let me echo Aleks' comments by pointing out that any experimentalist
does the same thing.

They don't just turn the heater on at full power at the start --
invariably they ramp it up.   In nonlinear systems, it matters
how you get to the state of interest... Otherwise they would
wait forever for the system to settle down.

Thus, this is a physics issue - not a numerics issue.

Paul