[Nek5000-users] cfill with temperature

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 9 14:11:55 CST 2010

We figured it out, we think it had something to do with our if statements.
We corrected it by just setting everything to 980.0, since it's a very small
portion of the domain that needed 327.0.  Thanks!

Josh

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> I didn't see this till just now...
>
> Is it still unresolved?
>
> Paul
>

> I would propose using 980. and 327. instead of integers
> as the input value.
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:
>
>  Neks,
>>
>> I am attempting to reset the temperature of a certain part of my flow
>> domain
>> to a constant value using cfill.  I have had success doing this with the
>> x,
>> y, and z velocities, but temperature doesn't seem to work.  I have
>> attached
>> the pertinent code from my usrchk, I would appreciate any help!  Thanks,
>>
>> Josh
>>
>>     nxyz = nx1*ny1*nz1
>>     n = nxyz*nelv
>>

>>     if (istep.eq.0.and.time.lt.1.0) then
>>     do e=1,nelv
>>       if (xm1(2,2,2,e).gt.0.9) then
>>         call cfill(vx(1,1,1,e),1.0,nxyz)
>>         call cfill(vy(1,1,1,e),4.0,nxyz)
>>         call cfill(vz(1,1,1,e),0.0,nxyz)
>>       endif
>>       if (zm1(2,2,2,e).ge.0) then
>>         call cfill(t(1,1,1,e,1),980,nxyz)
>>       else
>>         call cfill(t(1,1,1,e,1),327,nxyz)
>>       endif
>>       if (xm1(2,2,2,e).le.-1.3) then
>>         call cfill(t(1,1,1,e,1),980,nxyz)
>>       endif
>>     enddo
>>
>>     endif

Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
-- Edmund Burke (probably)