[Nek5000-users] perturbing interior variables

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 10 08:09:11 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to perturb the temperature in a small part of the flow.
However, I only wish to perturb in the interior and not on a boundary.
I have the following in "userchk".  If I instead looped from "k=1,nz1"
instead of "k=2,nz1-1", would this change the BC's?  The general
question would be, does changing uvw & T in "userchk" change BC's or
does "userbc" override what is done in "userchk"?

Cheers,
Frank

        do 100 iel=1,nelv
        do 100 k=2,nz1-1
        do 100 j=2,ny1-1
        do 100 i=2,nx1-1
        if(((xm1(i,j,k,iel)-1.1)**2
     &    + (ym1(i,j,k,iel)-1.1)**2
     &    + (zm1(i,j,k,iel)-.45)**2)**.5.le..25)then
           t(i,j,k,iel)=.99*t(i,j,k,iel)
        endif
          enddo !n
100     continue

--
Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Technische Universität Wien (Technical University of Vienna)