[Nek5000-users] Warning Message : L1/L2 DIV(V)

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 3 15:05:43 CDT 2010

The WARNING tells you that the divergence of your flow field is too large. It's hard to say why this happens because there are many possible reasons (wrong bc, resolution to low, timestep to large, etc.).

I agree in your case the thermal divergence is ZERO. In your case the norms of div(v) and div(v)-qtl should be the same because qtl=0.

Do you add some divergence to the outflow boundary? In this case the user specified divergence will be stored using qtl.

Stefan