[Nek5000-users] Calculating forces on sphere

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 3 03:08:09 CDT 2010

Dear Neks,

for my case 'periodic channel flow around a sphere' I wanted to
calculate the forces acting on the sphere. I've seen that there exists a
'drag_calc' subroutine in navier5.f.  But as I understood I have to
define my sphere as an object, that this works. Is this right?? Because
until now the surface of the sphere is defined as 'wall'.

And if I have to define it as an object, I wanted to ask if there is an
easy and fast doing this? Is there maybe a way doing this similar to
defining the boundary conditions with 'set entire level', or do I have
to add all the faces of the sphere by hand in prenek??

Thanks a lot for you time.

Best, Fred