[Nek5000-users] GNU compiler problems

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 25 12:03:11 CDT 2010

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know about the problem.

I have been facing some compiling errors for the past 10 days. Is this the
problem that you are also noticing.

====================
/home/harish/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/navier8.f: In function ‘setvert3d’:
/home/harish/nek5_svn/trunk/nek/navier8.f:2369: internal compiler error:
in expand_expr_real_1, at expr.c:6839
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
make: *** [navier8.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I still think its a problem with my cluster that is giving this error. I
am in touch with system support on this error. But they also have not been
able to figure out what is wrong. I have tried compiling with MPICH1
compiler and OpenMPI compiler, both giving the same compiling error.

Attached is my compiler.out for you reference. I am compiling the example
case "fs_2" using OpenMPI compiler.

Thanks,

Harish Kanchi