[Nek5000-users] Periodic Mismatch 1

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 29 13:59:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

I was able to solve this by removing the element face count column. I now run into the following issue shown below. I was able to find the subroutine spec_bis_conn where this error occurs. I believe this has to do with the periodic faces I have set up. My question is whether the periodic faces need to be continuous:

For example, the geometry is similar to fluid flow over a flat plate on both sides. The fluid is periodic, but separated by the solid thickness (this is a Conj HT problem). Essentially there is a "gap" in the periodic fluid portion if you can imagine. I saw a note in the routine that says something like "ensure that all graphs are connected", not sure if this is what it means. I tried making the fluid periodic on only one side of the plate and it worked, however when I make the other side (bottom of the plate) periodic with itself I get the following error. Any thoughts? Thanks - Michael M.

start rec_bisect: 2006
done: 0.0%
done: 1.0%
done: 2.0%