[Nek5000-users] Periodic B.C and Genmap Issue

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 24 12:08:58 CDT 2010

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I grep-ed to the source code and I think I found where
the error is.
Element 1093 (face 4 ) was the first periodic element that I have in my rea
file and that is supposed to be periodic with element 1447 (face 4) . The
line in my rea files reads as :

P    1093  4      1447       4.00000       0.00000       0.00000
0.00000

It looks to me that genmap reads face 4 and element 1447 as 4.144700 (as
seen from the error message). So, I changed the formatting a bit and it
worked !

Just for future reference, could you let us know the exact spacing that is
used in the rea file, specifically in the fluid boundary conditions. That
would help us with Gambit-> Nek to handle periodic vertices as well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Shriram Jagannathan