[Nek5000-users] Stochastic inflow boundary condition using previous time step velocities?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 30 08:02:33 CDT 2010

Hi Harish,

You might try in userbc:

       subroutine userbc(ix,iy,iz,iside,eg)
       include 'SIZE'
       include 'TOTAL'
       integer e,eg

       e = gllel(eg)

       uold = vxlag(ix,iy,iz,e,1)

.... Be sure to verify that this gives what you expect.

Also, be careful on timestep number 1.

Also, it's possible that uold is already stored in ux,uy,uz
that are passed in through the NEKUSE common blocks, and are
simply awaiting to be updated to the user prescribed values.

Looking at subroutine nekasgn in bdry.f this is the case --
what is _actually_ there is the value of vx which is the
velocity at the "old" step (n-1, say) and vxlag would
therefore be velocity at n-2.