[Nek5000-users] Wall flux contour plots in Visit

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 19 08:46:36 CDT 2010

Hi Markus,

VisIt makes the decision of what to keep hexahedron by hexahedron.  Since
you have a point-centered variable, it makes the decision for a hexahedron
by looking at all nodes incident to that hexahedron.  I think the blue cells
have some nodes that meet the criteria and some that don't (which are blue).

Another option is to try the "Isovolume" operator.  Rather than taking cells
from the input mesh without modifying them, it will subdivide cells that
partially meet the criteria and partially don't meet it.  This will
hopefully eliminate your blue region.

If that doesn't work, send me a picture and an email at hchilds at lbl.gov.  We
can iterate offline and spare the list and report back when we have it
solved.

Best,
Hank