[Nek5000-users] Total energy and wall gradients

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 19 02:30:39 CDT 2010

Hi Nek's,

I am about to run a 3D-stenotic flow DNS, and I would like to compute
the total energy in the computational domain. So far, I have only a
routine for 2D (surf_int). Does such a 3D routine exists?
My second question concern the velocity gradient normal to the wall. Is
there any way to output its value at various wall points for each time
step? I was thinking ofadding a few lines to the hpts routine, but I am
sure about what to write exactly. Could anyone give me a clue?

Sincerely,
JC