[Nek5000-users] Compute the derivatives

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 12 20:39:05 CDT 2010

Hi Fred,

It looks like the delta is coming from the forcing function, ffz=.035.
For periodic flows, pressure is not periodic, but grad p is a periodic
function.   The true pressure for the computation is:

        p = pr - ffz*z - ffy*y -ffx*x

where pr is the quantity computed by Nek.  For your analysis below,
use p as defined above and all should be ok.    Note that computation
of drag over an object must acount for this --- I've done this in the
past and some of the infrastructure is in place in navier5.f (dpdx_mean,
etc.) --- but there are difficulties if the object is cut by the
periodic plane and so it does not generalize to every possible case.

Hope this helps.

Paul