[Nek5000-users] r,s,t index for given point

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 11 15:33:00 CDT 2010

Hi again,

Regarding finding element numbers (such as what gllel would return) for
arbitrary history points, I was experimenting with the history point
routine hpts a little and it seems that this function call:

         call findpts(inth_hpts,rcode,1,
      &                 proc,1,
      &                 elid,1,
      &                 rst,ndim,
      &                 dist,1,
      &                 pts(1,1),ndim,
      &                 pts(2,1),ndim,
      &                 pts(3,1),ndim,npoints)

does not return the same element number (elid) as it can be found in the
.rea file, for instance.
For a handful of manually set points, I checked that the returned
element number does not provide the right coordinates to enclose the
desired point.

Is there a way to transform the function return or am I missing
something else?

Thanks,
Markus