[Nek5000-users] prex mesh precision

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 9 18:25:04 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I was wondering what would be involved in getting "prex"/"prenek" to
perform all calculations in double precision and to output a mesh in
this precision.  In the cases we are looking at which involve
understanding stability boundaries and growth rates, the high accuracy
of NEK is the prime reason for using it.  There is some concern that an
inaccurate representation of the boundary could potentially be a source
of meaningful error, in particular in the course of grid refinement
studies.  Putting my two cents in, it seems somewhat incongruous for the
fundamental geometry definition for such a highly accurate method/code
to be in single precision.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Technische Universität Wien (Vienna Technical University)