[Nek5000-users] r,s,t index for given point

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 9 11:25:41 CDT 2010

Hi,

what is the difference between "index" and "value"?
Essentially, I am looking for the information postx provides when
figuring out history points. I browsed the postx source code, located
the routine and implemented it in .usr, but I expect trouble when moving
to bigger domains. I also figured there must be something in nek.

So I took the new hpts routine (see attached my modified .usr file),
what I am getting for r,s,t for a specific point is:
1.00000000000000      -5.551115123125783E-017  -1.00000000000000

The real deal for the same point (from postx) is 4    1    1.

What am I missing? Is there a way to go from the output I have to the
r,s,t indices?

Thanks for any help,
Markus