[Nek5000-users] Increase DT in Usrchk based on CFL

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 9 09:48:19 CDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to increase my DT dynamically by checking the current CFL at each step.  For example:

if C < 0.15 then  param(12) = param(12) + 1E-05

I know I can adjust the time step in usrchk by setting param(12), but can I access C in the same manner by param(26)? Or is this only the parameter I set in the rea, and it is accessed by another variable?

This issue occurs after a few 100 steps where my C drops and starts to settle around 0.1-0.15.  The problem is I'm not sure that it always occurs around the same time steps, and there for would like to adjust it based on the actual value. I know nek will adjust DT if my C becomes too large, but when C becomes too small is the issue DT is not adjusted so long as it meets what I set in the rea .

Thanks for any insight!

-Michael