[Nek5000-users] Compute the derivatives

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 7 10:08:33 CDT 2010

Hi NEKs,

for the validation of my simulation I need the 1st derivative of the
pressure and the 2nd of the velocity. When I use twice "call gradm1" to
calculate and "call outpost" to write the 2nd derivative for my velocity
field it works pretty well. But for the pressure field it goes wrong. I
think this is due to the fact, that the pressure meshed differently compared
to the velocity field. Does there exist a subroutine to calculate the
derivatives of the pressure or do I have to write something by my own??

Thanks a lot.

Best, Fred