[Nek5000-users] Conjugate Heat Transfer

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 4 14:42:08 CST 2010

Dear Dr. Fischer,

thank you for the reply.
We are currently testing the following procedure that would not make it
necessary to change prenek:
1) generate a mesh in prenek with all elements that will be solids
2) generate a mesh in prenek (matching the coordinate system of 1) with only the
fluid elements
3) merge all elements from 1) into 2), which should ensure that the solid
elements come behind the fluid ones in the order in the rea file. Then we would
only need to change the number of elements in the header lines of the element
section, correct?

Michael Meador, another student in Dr. Duggleby's group, is currently
investigating how to set up a basic conjugate heat transfer experiment (hot jet
impinging on conducting plate with finite thickness). We would like to compare
that data against a similar problem to be computed in nek5000. In case we'll
get something worth sharing, it'll be posted.

Thanks,
Markus

Quoting nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov: