[Nek5000-users] Post-Processing from avg_all files using Nek / Visit

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 30 13:12:33 CST 2010

Cool!  Keep the questions coming and I'll help out with whatever I can.
 It's very little effort for me to put together little scripts like that...

Best,
Hank

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi Hank,
>
> It works w/o any issues. Thanks.
>
> Regards
> Shriram Jagannathan
>

> On 30 December 2010 12:44, Shriram Jagannathan <shriramjegan at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Hank,
>>
>> Thank you very much for the script. I will try this now. We have VisIt 2.1
>> on local machines but the cluster is powered with VisIt 1.12 only. Thanks
>> again !
>>
>> Regards
>> Shriram Jagannathan
>>

>> On 30 December 2010 12:30, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Shririam,
>>>
>>> I would do:
>>> OpenDatabase("file.nek5000") # use real filename
>>> AddPlot("Pseudocolor", "pressure") # or whatever variable you want
>>> DrawPlots()
>>> Lineout((1,1,1),(2,2,2)) # takes lineout from point (1,1,1) to point
>>> (2,2,2)
>>> SetActiveWindow(2)
>>> sw = SaveWindowAttributes()
>>> sw.format = sw.CURVE
>>> sw.family = 0
>>> sw.fileName = "myname_line1"
>>> SetSaveWindowAttributes(sw)  # saves out myname_line1.curve
>>> SaveWindow()
>>> DeleteAllPlots()
>>> SetActiveWindow(1)
>>> Lineout((-1, 1, -1), (2, 4, 5))