[Nek5000-users] 2D axisymmetric problems

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 17 09:49:21 CST 2010

On Dec 17, 2010, at 8:30 AM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Generally we store azimuthal velocity as temperature (which I think
> you've done in the past...),

Yep.

> Our current plan is that if you also want heat transfer then temperature
> will be stored in PS1.

I think that's fine, but I have two questions that I'm sure Alexs will answer.  First, will the additional forcing terms (for cylindrical coordinates) still need to be added in the .user file?  Second, how will axisymmetric problems be handled when the axis of symmetry is included in the underlying problem domain?

--Mike