[Nek5000-users] Connectivety

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 9 10:37:54 CST 2010

Hello Paul,
I have a question about the connectivity of the elements.
In the old rea file format (which we convert to the new binary with
reatore2) we have listed the Element geometrical date and after that the
Boundary conditions and connectivity data.
My question is whether the connectivity of the elements stated there is
actually used or it is somehow re-computed while the code runs based on
the node coordinates. I am talking specifically about the connectivity
between the elements, not the boundary conditions with the "outside world".
Best regards,
Antonios

Antonios Monokrousos
Department of Mechanics                 email:    antonios at mech.kth.se
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)     phone:    +46 8 790 68 76
Osquars Backe 18                        telefax:  +46 8 796 98 50
SE-100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN