[Nek5000-users] userf / pressure drop BC

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 16 10:25:44 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am having an issue with one of my simulations, where the flow wants to change directions. A brief description for the domain is:

- Two inlets, one in the x-direction, the other in the z-direction.
- The two inlets "feed into the main domain"... that is I give both an initial condition, and then apply a recycling BC to each individually.

My question is: Is there a simple fix for this by use of the userf routine in the user file? I haven't used it before. What I ideally would like to do, is apply some pressure drop across the inlets or something to keep the flow from changing directions. I messed around with the initial conditions, and through some tweaking was able to get one of the inlets to work, but would like something more robust.

Sorry if this doubles up on a previous question, I couldn't find any old messages about this and also I think the archive is down on the website.

- Michael M.