[Nek5000-users] Smooth Restart feature in Nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 8 12:00:07 CDT 2010

Hi,

I found a function in nek which would let you do a restart from 3 previous
fld files. This is how I called the function:

% ----
 in usrchk:

      prefix = 'rs6'
      iosave  = iostep
      iosize  = 8
      nfld    = 3
      call restart_save(iosave,iosize,nfld) .
%----
in rea file :

           3  PRESOLVE/RESTART OPTIONS  *****
 rs6sqr0.f0004
 rs6sqr0.f0005
 rs6sqr0.f0006
%-----

This dumps out six rs6blah0.f***** and is overwritten once every 2*iostep I
believe. When I try to restart using this, I still see that at the restart,
the pressure values are off. I am guessing that I am not calling it the
right way in the rea file. Is there a separate function for loading multiple
restart files that I would have to call in usrchk ?

Or is this behavior a by-product of SEM ?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Shriram