[Nek5000-users] Example 'turbChannel' Emergency exit

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 29 09:57:41 CDT 2010

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

In looking at the stenosis example, I see that I made no attempt to
verify that this case was one that would actually run to completion.
The example was really designed to illustrate a commonly used
approach to mesh manipulation, under the assumption that users
would subsequently choose a functional set of parameters of interest.

I found that if I reduce dt by half the case goes through --
std approach to recovering stability.

We'll rework this and the other examples to make certain that
they are run-able, as opposed to simply providing guidance for
implementation strategies.

The slight downside will be that the essential elements of the example
will become obscured in the .usr file, but we'll try to keep them as
clear as possible.

Regarding turbulent channel, I know we were looking at that
a short while ago -- I'll check into the status.

Paul