[Nek5000-users] BFS turbulent outflow condition

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 07:27:54 CDT 2010

Hi Harish,

(This is a re-send of my Friday response, which looks like
it may not have gone through...)

There is a std cure for this problem, which is to force
the velocity characteristics at the outflow boundary to
all be outgoing.  You can do this by specifying div U > 0
in the last layer of elements --- by filling up the
usrdiv() array.

See the .usr files in the /peris and /turbJet examples.

(From the /examples directory,  grep div */*.usr will point
the way.)

Paul