[Nek5000-users] Split/Stress Formulations

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 14 12:51:58 CDT 2010

Shriram,

In general, if you have variable viscosity or free surface
you should likely use the stress fomulation, unless the
extra terms in the stress tensor are treated explicitly
in the .usr file.

For marginally resolved turbulent flows we've found the PnPn formulation
to be more accurate, in part because of the more accurate pressure
treatment.

hth,

Paul