[Nek5000-users] Handling large data

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 7 14:29:57 CDT 2010

Dear Nek devs,

     This is not a Nek5k specific question, but given your experience
performing some massive simulations
(https://nek5000.mcs.anl.gov/index.php/Visualization_Gallery) which must
have generated a huge amount of data, could you maybe give some tips on
how best to handle and organize data? Right now, I do the most naive
thing possible: putting separate cases in different folders with the
folder name indicating the parameters (case_X_para1_para2..) and
constantly keep transferring the data (not a script!) to avoid filling
up our quota in the cluster's hard disk.

I'd just like to know how things are done on the really big machines.
Thanks!

Mani chandra