[Nek5000-users] Question about method & error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 7 09:54:53 CDT 2010

Hi Frank,

Actually, the only thing that would be specified at the interface
is the surface tension sigma, which would generate a jump in the
stress across the interface.  The fluid and surface would dynamically
accommodate to these stresses - and would come to a steady state
geometry if that's the what the dynamics dictates.   The temperature
would still satisfy the heat equation, and of course you could have
different rho-Cp and k in each region.

The code will generate the correct jump in pressure according to the
surface tension.   (We can check this with the case of a spherical
drop.)

Of course, w/o Lee around we'll have to sort all this out to make
certain it does what we expect... but I'm fairly confident that it
will.

Paul