[Nek5000-users] Question about method & error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 7 06:21:22 CDT 2010

Hi Frank,

There are several apps driving it.  At present, I think that the
version is slightly out of step w/ our current repo - but not far.
The original developer has moved on to a university and to other
projects, so has not been pushing it since September (though I used
it extensively in January for some tests).  I've been holding off
on pushing it further till I had more support.

If your shared interface has elements on either side that are
conforming it might also be possible to study the Marangoni
problem in the std. nek if you use the ALE formulation ---
If you use a fixed interface we would suffer from the fact
that the pressure would have a nullspace of dimension 2
since pressure on either side of the (rigid) interface
would be determined up to a constant.   This would be
difficult for our solvers given that we've designed them
only to handle the case of an at-most one-dimensional nullspace.

How complex is your domain?

Paul

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 12:58 +0200, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
wrote:
> NEK-NEK stands for the coupling of two independent NEK instances. Unfortunately this is still an experimental feature but if you're interested in we can set up something for you.

Hello Stefan,

If I can make up a grid, is getting an instance of the NEK-NEK
capability working something you are willing to work with me to get
running?  Couple of questions: How experimental is the NEK-NEK
capability?  And is there a specific application or class of problems
driving it?

Cheers,
Frank