[Nek5000-users] Question about method & error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 6 05:32:52 CDT 2010

Hello all,

Am I correct in understanding that all components of velocity are
stored at the same locations (the Gauss–Lobatto–Legendre points), while
the pressure is located at the Gauss–Legendre points?  This being in
contrast to a MAC type staggered grid, where each velocity component
resides at different spatial locations.

I am just getting started here.  Ran all the example cases and am trying
to understand the results.  I get the following error:

VisIt could not read from the file
"/home/fmuldoo/nek5_svn/examples/turbChannel-1/turbChannel0.f0001".

The generated error message was:

There was an error
opening /home/fmuldoo/nek5_svn/examples/turbChannel-1/turbChannel0.f0001. It may be an invalid file.  VisIt tried using the following file format readers to open the file: Silo

When using the following metadata file:

NEK5000
version: 1.0
filetemplate:  turbChannel0.f%04d
firsttimestep: 1
numtimesteps: 1

I get no errors but there seems to be no data to plot, the vector plot
for example is greyed out.  Trying to plot the mesh results in:

The Mesh plot of variable "mesh" yielded no data.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Technische Universität Wien (Technical University of Vienna)