[Nek5000-users] 2 and a half dimentions with nekton?

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 1 11:54:34 CDT 2010

Dear Antonios,

Your suggestion to use two perturbation modes to represent
the real and imaginary parts is an excellent one - I think
you could code this in a fairly std way, particularly if you
are not using the characteristics time stepping (i.e., if you
are using the BDF/EXT scheme, which is standard).  In that case,
one would only need to add to ffx and ffy the additional
terms associated with the interactions of the sin/cosine
terms.   The timestepper treats ffx and ffy w/ exactly the
same extrapolation as the nonlinear terms, so everything should
go through w/o much effort.

Best regards,

Paul