[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 pertubation mode

Paul Fischer fischer at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 3 07:20:18 CDT 2009

Dear Antonios,

If you can try the current version of the svn repo,
the perturbation code should now work with dealiasing
turned on.

Moreover, you can automatically turn off the base-flow
evolution by setting the number of perturbation modes
(p31 in the .rea file) to be < 0.  Thus, p31=-1 would
give one perturbation mode, no base flow evolution.
The base flow would be defined, e.g., in the useric.

I include an example case in the attached tarfile,
Orr-Sommerfeld evolution.

Paul