[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 pertubation mode

Antonios Monokrousos antonios at mech.kth.se
Wed Jun 3 03:31:00 CDT 2009

Dear Paul,
I finally found what the problem with my case was. It was the
de-aliasing. The problem appears first in the subroutine advabp (file
perturb.f) where subroutine convop is called (file navier1.f). It seems
that de-aliasing is not working for the pertubation/linear mode (?) When
I deactivate the de-aliasing (from the rea file) the result looks correct.
I tested it also with channel flow and it was the same problem: In
pertubation mode, with de-aliasing a forcing appears in a few specific
elements. I haven't been able to understand exactly why this happens but
I suspect it has to do with the size of the arrays.
Best regards
Antonios

Antonios Monokrousos
Department of Mechanics                 email:    antonios at mech.kth.se
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)     phone:    +46 8 790 68 76
Osquars Backe 18                        telefax:  +46 8 796 98 50
SE-100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN