[mpich2-dev] MPI_File_get_position_shared scaling

Bob Cernohous bobc at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 20 15:11:02 CDT 2009

We have a customer complaint that:

"The MPI subroutine MPI_File_get_position_shared is too slow and has a bad
 impact on I/O performance. "

>From what I can see, each rank exclusively locks and operates on the
shared_fp.  So it doesn't scale well, but I don't see anything BlueGene
specific.  Am I missing an ad_xxx that does something better?  Or is this
just "as expected".  Any comments from the ROMIO experts?

Bob Cernohous:  (T/L 553) 507-253-6093

BobC at us.ibm.com
IBM Rochester, Building 030-2(C335), Department 61L
3605 Hwy 52 North, Rochester,  MN 55901-7829