[mpich-discuss] Support for MIC in mpich2-1.5

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 1 18:01:35 CDT 2012

You need to add -mmic to CFLAGS (and other appropriate language flags),
and LIBS=-lscif

You also need to force it to cross-compile by providing the
--host=i686-linux-gnu option.

Here's the configure line I typically use:

./configure --host=i686-linux-gnu --disable-cxx --disable-f77
--disable-fc --disable-romio --disable-mpe --prefix=`pwd`/install CC=icc
CFLAGS=-mmic LIBS=-lscif LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64
--with-device=ch3:nemesis:scif,tcp

I'll add it to the README.

  -- Pavan