[mpich-discuss] Execute in two machine

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 7 09:43:35 CDT 2012

Hi,
 The "-machinefile" option allows specifying a machine file (you can create a text file using notepad containing the ipaddresses of each node in a separate line) containing the information about nodes where your MPI processes would be launched.
 You have two options with respect to your executable,

1. Copy the executable to the same location (e.g. "c:\mpitest") on all the nodes
OR
2. Share the directory containing the executable and use the "-map" option of mpiexec so that each process can map the shared drive.

 As mentioned before "Windows developers guide" contains a lot of information related to your questions.

Regards,
Jayesh