[mpich-discuss] problem with wmpiexec

Antonino Cala' Lesina lesina at fbk.eu
Thu May 5 04:22:19 CDT 2011

Hello, I'm trying to execute an .exe file generated with Visual Studio 2010 and the package MPI for X64 architecture (mpich2-1.3.2p1-win-x86-64), but I'm encountering the following error:

Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)
Connect on sock (host=Antonio-PC, port=8676) failed, exhaused all end points
Unable to connect to 'Antonio-PC:8676',
sock error: Error = -1

I have the administrator permissions on the operating system (windows 7 64 bit), so I don't understand why it does not run.

Thank you
Antonio