[mpich-discuss] Running MPICH2 on Windows -- Username and Password Issue

Thomas Massey dr.chris.massey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:23:56 CDT 2011

I have MPICH2 installed and running on a Windows PC.  This machine requires
a user to login via an authentication with an exchange server.  Our IT
security policy for login to a machine has changed recently and we will now
be using a smartcard (CAC) and pin number instead of username/password to
authenticate to a machine.  These means that a password is not available for
entering into the mpiexec.exe when requested.  Can the username and password
be disabled somehow?  Can a CAC and pin be used to provide the required
information for mpiexec.exe?

Thanks,
Chris