[mpich-discuss] About using mpi on windows

Ruizi Li ruizli at umail.iu.edu
Wed Jul 6 09:38:24 CDT 2011

Hi there,

I recently installed MPICH2 for windows 64bit machine, and I tried to
compile the "mcstas" program which uses some language based on C, with mpi,
running on multiple cores of the machine, but the compilation failed, and it
showed this error:

'mpiexec.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Press any key to continue . . .

Is it because MPCH2 is not installed properly on the machine? Or I need to
set some environment variables? I could not figure out how to deal with
this. So many thanks!

Ruizi